I finished reading the Senate report on the CIAs “enhanced interrogation” techniques this week. It was disturbing, to say the least. I don’t know that I will ever understand the mindset of anyone who would willingly inflict mental or physical pain on another human being. However, I have some suggestions for alternatives, which I don’t know about you, but just the threat of these would break me.
- The Adam Sandler 24 hour film festival
- The Early work of Jim Carey, esp. The Mask, and Ace Ventura, Pet Detective (one of only two movies I’ve ever walked out on in the theater)
- The oevre of Gwen Stefani’s solo act on auto repeat. I can only take so much rythmic chanting before I start to develop a tic.
- A 24 hour Reality TV channel featuring the Kardashians, Honey Boo Boo, the Shark Tank, Ghost Adventures, and the Long Island Medium.
- Anything that comes out of Sarah Palin’s mouth or keyboard. How anyone can utter that much gibberish and still maintain any kind of credibility is beyond me. I fed one of her Facebook posts into a sentence diagrammer and my computer reported me for cruelty.
- Being left in a room with nothing to read but Rod McKuen’s poetry and Harlequin Romance novels.
- A menu of nothing but brains and eggs. Probably the worst thing I have ever eaten. Thanks Dad!
- The Mannheim Steamroller Christmas Album we played at the Radio Shack I worked at for 4 Christmases straight. I can still hear it in my sleep during the season. One can only hear “Don We Now Our Gay Apparel” on a cheesy synthesizer before one becomes a Scrooge.